Saturday, October 3, 2009

drinking the 'where the wild things are' kool-aid

I have been following the development of this film since it was first announced that Spike Jonze would be at the helm and have been waiting impatiently for October 16 to come.

To be totally honest, it was never a favorite book when I was little, I think it scared me a bit but as a 'grown up', I can definitely appreciate the beauty of the story and drawings. I will definitely have to get this book for my neice for her 1st birthday. Every kid should have a copy in their library.



What I have seen of this film so far has blown me away. The whole world that Spike has created is one of wonder and discovery. You can visit the official website HERE

SEE THE TRAILER AND LISTEN TO THE SOUNDTRACK AFTER THE JUMP




You can listen to the soundtrack streamed online here. I am totally in love and am rushing to iTunes as soon as I get the chance to download. Karen O and the Kids are my new music obsession. I am already a fan of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, so it is not such a leap for me.






Where the Wild Things Are Soundtrack

More pictures:










No comments:

Post a Comment