Wednesday, September 16, 2009

falling whistles

I spend my days working to raise money to help people all over the world.  The organization I work for as a fundraiser has a presence in over 70 countries around the world.

But I am not here to talk about my employer but another organization working to help those who have no one to speak for them.   Every week I read and write about elderly and families living in poverty you cannot even imagine - but in some ways it is nothing to what is happening in the Congo.

Please take the time to go to http://www.fallingwhistles.com/.  Read their story.  It sickens me that there are men out there that act as savagely as these soldiers do.  I can't even write the words.

I just bought one of the whistles they sell to raise money - a win-win for both of us.  They get my donation to help those affected by the war and I get to make a statement that is both fabulously fashionable but also social conscious.  How cool is that?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment