Sunday, September 27, 2009

new favorite website: my vintage vogue

Have spent the morning oogling a website I just found called My Vintage Vogue. It is filled with classic photos, covers, illustrations, etc. from fashion magazines throughout the decades.  I can't stay away, despite being at work right now. 

Check out some examples posted at Modish:





 

 

 

Just gorgeous.  I can't get over it.  Makes you wish for a time when people really dressed for everything, even a shopping trip or travel, white gloves and gorgeous hats - rather than jeans, sweats and tee shirts.

 

I am drawn to the 1920s page right now for some reason. The portraits of the film stars of that era are just so beautiful - draped gowns, bobbed hair and wonderful cloche hats - I am in love.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment